By using this website, you consent to us using your personal information as set out below.
If you decide to apply to open an account with us, there is certain information that we will require from you in order to do so. This information includes but is not limited to personal details such as name, address, date of birth, contact details, employment details, assets and liabilities and other necessary financial information. From time to time we may also request further information to help us improve our service to you.
We obtain most of the information directly from our customers through application or other forms, and from maintaining records of information provided in the course of ongoing customer service.
We may also collect information about your use of the website, such as pages visited, frequency and duration and visit and trading activities.
We will use information collected from you to provide the information and services requested by you and to improve the quality of our service. Unless you are informed otherwise, the personal information we hold is used for:
- Establishing and managing your account;
- Reviewing your ongoing needs;
- Enhancing customer service and products;
- Giving you ongoing information or opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you.
Disclosure of Information
Depending on the product or service concerned and particular restrictions on sensitive information, this means that personal information may be disclosed to:
- Service providers and specialist advisers to us who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, legal, research or other services;
- introducing brokers with whom we have a mutual relationship (any of whom may be within or outside the European Economic Area);
- credit providers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law;
- credit reporting or reference agencies;
- anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
If you do not want us to use your personal information please let us know in writing. If you decide to do so, we may not be able to continue to provide information, services and/or products requested by you and we will have no liability to you in respect of the same.
Updating Your Information
DF Markets will change or delete your personal information in accordance with your instructions, except to the extent that we are required to hold your personal information for regulatory or legal purposes, to provide you with the services you have requested or to maintain adequate business records.
Cookies are harmless text files that web servers can store on your computer's hard drive when you visit a site. They allow the server to recognise you when you revisit. There are two main types of cookies:
- Transient (or per-session) cookies - these only exist for your site visit and are deleted on exit. They recognise you as you move between pages, for example, recording items added to an online shopping basket. These cookies also help maintain security;
- Persistent (or permanent) cookies - these stay on your machine until expiry or deletion. Many are built with an automatic deletion date to help ensure your hard drive doesn't get overloaded. These cookies often store and re-enter your log-in information, so you don't need to remember membership details.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites;
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Store details of your marketing and product preferences to improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites;
- Evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness;
- We use both our own (first party) and partner companies' (third party) cookies to support these activities.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
|ASP.NET_sessionId||These cookies ensure the website content is personalised to your preferences. They allow our web servers to respond to your actions on our website||Visit Microsoft website|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|IBref||These cookies allow us to track traffic from our affiliate websites|
|timezoneDiff||This cookie is used to store the client time zone|
|userCountry||This cookie is used to store the client language preferences|
Changing Your Cookie Settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that should you choose to set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of this Site, for example any online accounts you may hold.
Secure Online Services
An IP address is a unique number that identifies your computer while connected to the Internet. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We also use IP addresses to analyse overall visitor behaviour and preferences on the Site.
Under the UK data protection legislation, you have (subject to certain exceptions) the right to obtain any personal information which DF Markets holds about you and inform us of any perceived inaccuracy.
To make a request, please write to us, verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. We will acknowledge your request and respond to it within 40 days of receipt of your application and any applicable fee.
Amendments to Policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. If any changes are made an updated version will be posted on this page.